Risotto with Apples is a dish very special: it is composed of very few ingredients and has a very delicate taste, very special. Every time I cook it brings me back in time in my kitchen as a student, it was a must, because it allows to obtain always a hit.
|Easy||4||10 min. ||20 min.||€ 4-5|
|What is needed|
|golden apples||n. 2|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 40|
|dry white wine||1 / 2 glass|
|salt, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Peel, wash and finely chop the onion.
- Prepare a vegetable broth (okay even if it is made only of water and vegetable stock cube).
- Wash, peel and chop the apple with the crescent in order to obtain small pieces.
- Grate the parmesan.
- In a pan put some oil and the chopped onion and fry over a gentle heat until the onion has become transparent (Note: Be careful that it does not burn).
- Add the chopped apple and sauté a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the rice and stir.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- When the wine has evaporated add the broth a little at a time, with a ladle, until the rice and cook, stirring often. Do not add the next ladle if the previous one is completely absorbed.
- A couple of minutes before the end of cooking, add the cream and stir well to mix.
- Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese to thicken.
NB: Parmesan should be used generously. It is in fact this ingredient that removes part of the sweetish aroma to the dish and makes the taste much more balanced.
- Transfer on individual plates and garnish with shaved Parmesan to taste,