Ravioli stridoli: it is the dish that I dedicate to my mom! In spring (between March and April) she went to the fields and returned with bags full of this grass that less experienced confuse with simple grass. On the other hand the wild herbs are so or you know or do not know them! Then she cleaned this precious ingredient of all impurities and cook it. They were delicious. Now stridoli are also found on the market stalls, many farmers produce them, but the taste they had those green tufts (remember from my childhood) I never found. In my family it has always been the tradition to use stridoli with ricotta ravioli to prepare (or as we call them "tortelli"). Try them.
|What is needed|
|for fresh pasta|
|flour 00||gr. 360|
|for the stuffing|
|fresh ricotta||gr. 400|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 100|
|for the condiment|
|tomato pulp||ml. 300|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- To first prepare the dough for puff pastry.
- Put the flour, make a well in the center and break eggs into the hole the 4. Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients, starting from the center, or from eggs, processing them slowly with a fork and mixing As the flour until it forms a smooth, elastic dough.
- Cover with a towel and let stand in a cool place (at least half an hour) while preparing the filling.
- Preparing the filling.
- Heat up a fairly wide saucepan (which also use it to cook pasta) filled with water and bring to boil.
- Clean 200 grams stridoli detaching the small leaves.
- Wash the stridoli.
- When the water boils, plunge the stridoli and leave to simmer a few seconds (15 seconds are more than enough). The goal is to soften them, but not to lose the taste.
- Drain with a skimmer or a colander, taking the water (as said we will use this water to cook the pasta: is a way that contributes to strengthen the flavor).
- Take stridoli and squeeze them (as we do for spinach) to remove excess water and tritiamo them coarsely with the crescent.
- we put the chopped stridoli in a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, A pinch of salt, Parmesan cheese and a generous sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, trying to mix the ingredients well.
- The stridoli and ricotta filling is ready.
- Preparation of ravioli.
- Take the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin into a thin sheet. Those who are not expert can use the machine.
- From an outer edge and put heaps of filling on the pastry spaced 4 / 5 cm. Turn the edge of the sheet so as to double the dough and keep the stuffing inside.
- Weld the double dough strip in the edge pushing ii tines of a fork and cut into squares (ravioli o tortelli) around each mound with the thumbwheel.
- Continue like this, row after row, until all the dough.
- If we rectangles of dough prepared with the machine we put dollops of filling of a rectangle and cover them with a second rettangolo.Sigilliamo well the dough around each pile and cut into squares (ravioli) This around the filling until all ingredients are used.
- Clean and wash stridoli residues.
- Clean and slice the shallot.
- Put a pan on the stove with a little oil and shallots.
- Fry and add tomato pulp.
- Make a quick tomato sauce.
- When ready add the raw stridoli, salt and pepper.
- Stir and turn off the heat.
- Put the pan on the fire with the water where we cooked the stridolii.
- When the water boils, cook the ravioli in twice.
- Being fresh pasta, ravioli are ready after just a minute of the boil.
- Put on the bottom of a tray of the sauce to stridoli, adding ravioli, Other sauce and mix.
- I ravioli stridoli They are ready to go to the table! They are also delicious served with only oil and parmesan cheese