A classic first dish: potato gnocchi with mushrooms. The Azdora prepared them with excellent dried porcini. The amount of fungi is in relation to personal taste and their quality. It 'is understood that, if we have fresh porcini mushrooms, the dish will be even better.
|Easy||4 people||30 min. ||40 min.||€ 12|
|What is needed|
|white-flesh potatoes||Kg. 1|
|dry porcini mushrooms||gr. 100|
|tomato pulp||gr. 200|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
Preparation of dumplings
- Wash the potatoes. Put them in a pan with high sides, cover with water and set them on fire.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Drain the potatoes, remove the skin and puree to reduce them while they are still hot. NB: It is important that the potatoes are mashed while still hot and leave to cool already passed.
- Put the mashed potato on the cutting board and let cool.
- Add the flour to the potatoes and mix raffredddate.
- Add the whole egg and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well to form a dough is well blended.
- Remove the pieces of dough and form of the cylinders of the section of 1 / 2 cm.
- Cut the cylinder in cm cubes. 1 / 2 x 1 / 2.
- Flour well to prevent sticking.
- Continue like this until all the dough.
Preparing the sauce
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Put the mushrooms to soak in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under running water and cut into chunks.
- Filter the water to remove the residual earth.
- Put some oil in a pan and turn on the fire.
- Add the garlic and sauté.
- When browned add the chopped mushrooms and cover with filtered water.
- Cook for a few minutes keeping the mushrooms soft, until the water has not been completely absorbed.
- Aggiungee the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes gradually adding the water from the mushrooms to prevent the sauce from drying out too much.
- Add plenty of chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Place over a saucepan with plenty of water.
- When boiling, throw 1 / 3 of the dumplings.
- Wait until the gnocchi rise to the surface and the water starts to boil. The dumplings are cooked.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the sauce.
- Finish cooking the dumplings in two more times and season with plenty of mushroom sauce.