Strozzapreti are a type of pasta from Emilia Romagna. All azdòre know how to prepare them. Enough flour and water: it is a fresh pasta which does not require the use of eggs. The paste is poor, but is enriched with excellent sauces land or sea. Today we offer Strozzapreti with monkfish, tomatoes and eggplants. Precisely because it is a type of pasta regional, it may not be easy to find it on the market. For those who do not find them, we suggest to replace the pasta with a type of pasta similar (eg Trofie). For those who want to experience something new, in a separate section we explain in detail how to prepare Strozzapreti homemade.
|Easy||4 people||20 min. ||20 min.||€ 12|
|What is needed|
|pulp monkfish||gr. 400|
|datterini tomatoes||gr. 300|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Wash the monkfish and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes and divide each into two parts.
- Wash and trim the eggplants. Cut into small pieces and place in a bowl with a little salt, so that the eggplant will release the vegetation water.
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Put to heat a pot with plenty of water for cooking the pasta.
- In a saltapasta put a little oil, then cook the onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped monkfish and cook a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook another few minutes until the tomatoes are a little undone and has produced a pink sauce. Turn off at this point the fire.
- Apart from other heat oil in a pan in which skip the diced eggplant. It will take 4 5-minutes of cooking: the eggplant should be brown and crispy. Also turn off this fire.
- When the water boils, add salt with coarse salt and toss the pasta.
- Being of a fresh pasta, just a couple of minutes of cooking.
- Scoliamo the pasta and transfer it in the saltapasta with the fish sauce.
- Rekindle the fire and we mix everything a few seconds.
- Add the diced eggplant. We transfer the pasta to a serving dish and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.