Spaghetti alla Carbonara: spaghetti, bacon, eggs and cheese. Tradition and simplicity to the table for a recipe that is a great classic of Italian cuisine and is also cooked by the young, I remember that at the time of university studies, if you came home late and you had to study a lot, we cooked a big pot on the fly spaghetti carbonara, and they came the energy to spend many hours on the books!
|What is needed|
|bacon||6 thick slices|
|grated pecorino||gr. 20|
|milk, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Heat up a large pan with water for cooking pasta.
- Cut the bacon slices into strips using a pair of scissors. NB: For a time saving may use the bacon sold already cut into cubes. My advice is still, if possible, to prefer purchasing sliced, the counter of the butcher, asking that the bacon is cut into slices in order to obtain the ideal thickness of the sticks (matches). I find that the bacon cut in this amalgam is the best mode of the format spaghetti, Confers on spaghetti carbonara a more harmonious taste (they are less thick pieces and their flavor seems better distributed) and is also visually beautiful.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and quickly beat them with a fork.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and a few tablespoons of milk (to make sure that the egg creamy sauce is more fluid once made up the dish) and mix.
- When the pasta water comes to a boil add salt with coarse salt and throw him spaghetti.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the bacon sticks on low heat in a large frying pan greased with a little oil. NB: Use a little oil to make sure that the bacon is color melting the fat just so soft and preventing abbrustolisca and dries too. The quantity of oil is to be considered also as a function of how we are using the bacon fat.
- Once the bacon is crisp at the right point, turn off the heat waiting for the cooking spaghetti.
- Remove spaghetti al dente, a minute before they reached the perfect cooking.
- Transfer them, using the appropriate tool SPAGHETTI SERVER, in the pan with the bacon placed again on a hot flame.
- Add some of the cooking water and stir for about a minute. In queso so the bacon moved its flavor algli spaghetti and it blends perfectly.
- Sprinkle with a generous handful of pecorino (the amount depends on the taste, but I would still recommend not to exceed to avoid the strong taste of the pecorino "kill" all the other flavors) and mix.
- Add the egg mixture, pepper, milk and turn off the heat.
- Mix with two wooden spoons until the egg is slightly clotted cream and serve immediately spaghetti carbonara. NB: This operation should be pretty quick. The pasta should be removed quickly from the pan to prevent the excessive heat bake the eggs.
Tips and tricks
Spaghetti alla Carbonara is a preparation rather classical of our cuisine. It is a dish whose preparation is quick and easy: therefore suitable for those with limited time or is not particularly expert in the kitchen.
Like all simple recipes, and based on few ingredients, Préo must be done to perfection!
It is essential:
- the use of fine ingredients (I am referring, in particular, with pecorino cheese and bacon which are those that give the characteristic taste to the dish).
- a "cooking" perfect egg. E 'already improper to speak of cooking, just because the classic mistake of those who make mistakes the Spaghetti Carbonara It is to overcook the eggs. Eggs should be coagulated, but fluid. It should be avoided to form a stracciatella which is divided from the dough. Eggs are in the right place when they are dense, perfectly envelop the spaghetti and are still fluid from soiling leggeremente the dish (as does the beaten egg). E 'for this reason that to them is also added a milk Flio. The board is required to extinguish the fire as soon as they were added to the pan spaghetti, To give a quick stir to everything and to transfer right away on a platter or individual plates (thus removing the dough from the heat of the pan).