The Sfoja Gross (or Browse stuffed or upholstered Squares) is a fresh pasta made by hand and with a similar filling to that of cappelletti spread evenly over the surface of the pastry. It is cut into small forms (small squares) and served on board or dry with sauce or other condiments. In Romagna, the housewives manifactured this sheet when they did not have the time needed to prepare the cappelletti (whose realization is long and elaborate), or to use the remains of the pastry to cappelletti. It 'a dish that reminds me of my childhood, when my mother and my grandmother realizzavano, strictly in broth, and that's how I prepare me even today.
|What is needed|
for the pastry: flour
For the filling: stracchino
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 150|
|nutmeg||n. 1 / 2|
- Let's start with the preparation of the dough. Put the flour.
- Making the fountain (the hole) in the center and break in the hollow that was formed, the eggs.
- Work the eggs with a fork, absorbing the flour plan.
- Knead vigorously until mixture is smooth and homogeneous, rather soft. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough thus obtained in a bowl, cover and leave for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, the dough is resting, prepare the filling.
- Finely chop the mortadella with the help of a mixer.
- Grate the parmesan.
- In a bowl put the soft cheese, Parmesan cheese, mortadella, an egg. Add a pinch of salt and a generous grating of nutmeg.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients well to do.
- We have to get a fairly soft dough.
- We forgive, on a work surface, the mixture to the dough and stretch it with a rolling pin.
- We must try to get a thin sheet (because after 'insertion of the filling will be doubled) and round.
- Fold the dough into two parts, mark the dividing point, but do not disconnect the two sides.
- On one half apply a uniform layer of helping filling with a spatula and trying to make an equally thick layer.
- Fold back the second half of dough over the filling so as to match the edges.
- Pass the rolling pin on puff bent so as to eliminate air bubbles that have formed inside and to make the thickness uniform.
- Seal the edge of the dough with your fingertips and cut it with the toothed wheel.
- Then cut all the dough, always using the toothed wheel, in size cm squares. X 1,5 1,5.
- Put Heat the broth.
- When it reaches a boil, dip the squares and cook until the resumption of the boil.
- Serve in individual bowls sprinkling of grated parmesan.