Cannelloni with ham and artichokes: an important first for dinner parties. The cannelloni are prepared with fresh dough, but, for the less experienced, you can buy directly rectangles of puff. The filling is made from cottage cheese (if you like a strong taste you can use ricotta) prosciuutto cooked and artichokes. A tasty mix to try when the season provides fresh artichokes. Alternatively we can use the frozen artichokes. It is understood that the taste is affected ....
|Easy||4 people||60 min.||20 30 + min.||€ 8-10|
|What is needed|
|egg puff||16 rectangles|
|baked ham||gr. 200|
|ricotta cheese||gr. 300|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 70|
| for the sauce: |
| nutmeg, salt, |
extra virgin olive oil
Preparing the sauce
- Melt the butter and add the flour, stirring constantly over the fire.
- When the roux is ready to drop the cold milk flush and mix with a wooden spoon until the sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add a little 'of salt and grated nutmeg. Allow to stand bechamel while we are preparing the filling.
Preparing the filling
- Clean artichokes eliminating the tough outer leaves and the tips. Cut the stem at the base of the artichoke. Also clean the shank eliminating the external part and holding the central part.
- cut artichokes in half and wash them. Soak them in a bowl with water and lemon juice.
- cut artichokes thin slices and stems into rounds.
- Grate the parmesan.
- Put to heat some oil in a pan. Add the artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes trying to prevent the artichokes from drying (using hot water if necessary).
- Extinguish the fire.
- Drain the carcifi and chop them with the crescent.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, Chopped artichokes, the grated Parmesan cheese, Nutmeg and salt to taste.
- Stir until all ingredients are blended. Also add two / three tablespoons of sauce so that the softer compound.
Composition and cooking
- Boil rectangles of pasta in boiling water, drain them, pass them into a bowl full of cold water to stop the cooking, finally, let them dry on a white towel (NB: it is the same procedure that is adopted every time for lasagna).
- Composing cannelloni putting a slice of baked ham on each rectangle of pastry. Add, on top of the ham, a strip of filled with ricotta and carcofi along one of the edges (the shortest) and roll the dough around to make a cylinder. Alternatively, you can spread a little 'of the filling on the dough with a spatula (covered with ham) along the length and roll the dough cylinder.
- Put on the bottom of a baking pan a little ' bechamel. Place the cannelloni in a single layer.
- Cover with the remaining sauce, putting a little above each cannelloni.
- Add a handful of grated parmesan cheese and some butter. Bake at 170 ° 20 minutes and in any case until the surface is golden brown. We recommend that you put in the oven baking sheet covered with aluminum foil for the first 10 minutes and leave uncovered for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve cannelloni with ham and artichokes well to fully appreciate the warm fragrances.