Bigoli herbs, bacon, pine nuts: first a simple dish, but very tasty. The bigoli are kind of soft and long spaghetti, homemade, using only his hands. They are obtained by making a mixture of water, flour and salt which, after resting, is rolled into a soft and rather thick sheet. The dough is cut into strips that, rolled one by one in your hands, will result in many bigoli as long as spaghetti, but with a larger and irregular diameter. I, for this recipe I bought them already made and topped with simple herbs of the season.
|Easy||4 people||20 min. ||30 min.||€ 7|
|What is needed|
|bigoli type pasta||gr. 320|
|bacon (thin slices)||gr. 100|
|clean spinach||gr. 100|
|clean chicory||gr. 100|
|pine nuts||gr. 50|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 50|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean and wash the spinach thoroughly, several times under running water. Once cleaned should be 100 grams.
- Clean and wash the chicory eliminating the coasts whiter (which we will use, once boiled, as a side dish). The tips of the greenest used must be of equal weight (gr. 100) spinach. Using the same amount of the two grasses, we will get a balanced and harmonious taste without the predominance of the bitter sweet spinach or chicory.
- Peel, wash and finely chop the shallot.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Cut the spinach coarsely.
- Cut chicory in the same way trying to get pieces more or less equal.
- Chop half of the pine nuts and leave the other half whole.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese
- Put plenty of water in a pot for cooking pasta and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Sauté in a large pan that can contain pasta, shallots and bacon with a little oil.
- Add the chicory cook a few minutes adding a little hot water.
- After about 5 minutes add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cook in herbal compound adding a little hot water as they tend to dry too.
- A part, in a non-stick pan to toast the pine nuts (both minced and whole).
- When the water boils, dip bigoli and cook according to the times indicated in the package. Note: If using fresh pasta, cooking is very fast.
- Drain the al dente bigoli to complete its baking pan.
- In fact, add the pasta to the pan with the herb sauce and mix well. Whisk a couple of minutes so that the sauce vvolga the best pasta.
- Add the toasted pine nuts and parmesan.
- Bring to the table by adding a drizzle of olive oil.