Calamari Skewers with Pistachios: very tender kebabs with a tasty breading with pistachios. They are very easy. The only caution is to do the cooking times: Squid must be cooked or little or a lot. If you make a mistake while cooking you are likely to make them chewy. I used thawed squid (the price indicated in the recipe is in fact related to the purchase of the product defrosted). They came yummy! If we can use fresh squid (alas more expensive ....) we will have a dish tastes great.
|Easy||4 people||30 min. ||5 6-min.||€ 20 -22 |
|What is needed|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean squid depriving them of the skin, internal conghiglia and beak. For greater detail on the cleanliness of this fish suggest you look at the step by step preparation of Stuffed squid.
- Remove the tentacles from the body. Use scissors to cut the body (or bag) in the longitudinal direction so as to open them all in the book.
- Wash them thoroughly under running water and pat with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Put them in a bowl. Add salt, pepper and a little oil. Stir to amlgamare.
- Chop the pistachios in order to obtain a very fine grain.
- In a bowl put the breadcrumbs and the chopped pistachios. benenper stir to mix.
- Take the squid one by one and dip in bread crumbs and pistachios. Breadcrumbs very well on both sides.
- If the squid are a little large, split them in half widthwise, plently of breadcrumbs.
- Slip in the squid skewer. Insert them in the width direction by passing the toothpick spra and under (like a wave ...) - On a skewer deu put the pieces where you dviso the squid and its head.
- Sprinkle the skewers with some oil flush and ripassarli in breadcrumbs breading pushing with the palm of the hand.
- uocere the Spedding for a few minutes on a hot grill.
- Turn them a couple of times with basting oil.