These straccetti of beef with balsamic vinegar rocket and Parmigiano Reggiano cream, are a refined variant of the classic beef straccetti. The most complicated part is making a cream with the right consistency by melting Parmesan in milk or cream.
|What is needed|
|Beef slices||gr. 350|
|Fresh wild arugula||gr. 50|
|Farina 00||gr. 100|
|Parmigiano Reggiano||gr. 75|
|Milk or cooking cream||gr. 75|
|Salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Toelettare the slices of meat off any ribs or unwanted fat.
- Cut the meat into strips about one centimeter thick, if you are too long, cut them in half.
- Flour well the strips of beef.
- Wash and chop the rocket salad.
- Put on high heat a pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat in a small saucepan (the kettle for milk may be fine) milk or heavy cream if you prefer a more creamy taste.
- cook you make strips of beef floured, stirring occasionally.
- Once the milk is hot, before it begins to boil, add the grated Parmesan cheese, a little at a time and mix. Continue to add the Parmesan and stir until it reaches the required consistency.
- Add the arugula with rags at the end of cooking, add salt and pepper and sprinkle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar (Increase the amount of vinegar if the quality is not high: with balsamic vinegar Traditional from Modena or Reggio just a few drops).
- pour parmesan cream cheese mirror on the bottom of the dish, then Serve the rags.
- serve strips of beef with balsamic vinegar, rocket and parmesan cream adding, if you like fresh rocket whole or chopped.