Rolled turkey with artichokes: a delicious roast for Sunday lunch. To prepare we use a large slice of turkey breast (which we can do to prepare the butcher) arrricchita a very tasty stuffing made with sausage, artichokes, fromaggio and hazelnuts. The addition of hazelnut flavor gives iun no more: this dried fruit is perfect with the turkey.
|Media||4 people||30 min. ||60 min.||€ 9-10|
|What is needed|
|turkey breast||gr. 600|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 50|
|cooked ham (slice 1)||gr. 70|
|rolled bacon||gr. 100|
|White wine||1 / 2 glass|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves and the tip.
- Wash them well and cut them into very thin slices.
- In a pan put a little olive oil and cook over low heat for artichokes 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. The artichokes must remain soft: cook with the lid on and, if necessary, thin with a little warm water.
- Once cooked, coarsely chop the artichokes with a knife.
- In a bowl, beat two eggs. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and the grated Parmesan cheese. Mix.
- Add the artichokes and mix well.
- Cook the egg mixture and artichokes to form an omelette. Note: I prefer to cook the omelet in the oven. In this case it plays a small baking sheet with parchment paper, add the egg mixture and artichokes and bake at 170 ° 15 minutes.
- Chop the hazelnuts.
- Wash and chop the rosemary too.
- In a bowl mix the sausage, deprived of the skin, with edam cheese.
- Take a slice of turkey and flatten with a meat mallet.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Cover the meat with a side of nuts and chop a few slices of bacon rolled up.
- Add the mixture in a uniform layer of cheese and sausage. NB: the bacon cooking in the sausage melts and releases some of its juices, abborbidendo and seasoning the turkey.
- Cover with the omelet with artichokes, then the ham.
- Add the remaining hazelnuts.
- Roll the meat in the direction of the length forming a large roll.
- Bardarlo with rolled bacon and secure with kitchen twine.
- Put the roll in a pan with high sides, in which the set of measurement.
- Sauté on all sides, turning often.
- Add the white wine and let evaporate.
- Cook over low heat for about an hour.
- A nearly complete cooking add the chopped rosemary (but not so dry and imparts flavor to the roast) and a little milk to give creaminess to the cooking.
- Remove the roll from the fire, coprirelo with aluminum and let it cool.
- When ready to serve, release the string from the roll and cut into slices 1 cm thick.
- Warm up the gravy. Put the slices in the pan to warm it up a bit and season with the sauce. If you wish, we can add the other sauce chopped hazelnuts