Here is the recipe for tripe alla parmigiana: a rich and tasty dish handed down by poor Emilia Romagna tradition (tripe is considered a "poor" because food comes from offal, or by the less noble parts of calves) .In fact today as all the rediscovered dishes from regional traditions, is widely considered a real delicacy and is quite elaborate. In the past it was sold tripe in nature requiring a long cooking and a great cleaning to remove impurities. Today the use of pre-cooked tripe greatly facilitates the task. In the recipe tripe alla parmigiana we propose tripe is browned in chopped celery, carrot and onion and brought to cooking with tomato sauce and meat broth. He must cook over low heat for at least 2 hours until it becomes tender. Just before serving is sprinkled with parmesan. And 'excellent it served with slices of toasted bread.
|What is needed|
|pre-cooked beef tripe||kg. 1|
|Red wine||1 glass|
|tomato puree||gr. 300|
|grated Parmesan cheese||gr. 150|
|salt. pepper. extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean and wash celery, carrot e onion and chop finely.
- Strip l 'garlic.
- Wash the leaves d 'laurel.
- Rinse for a few times the pre-cooked tripe under running water.
- Cut into strips. NB: If you use the pre-cooked tripe sold in supermarkets we find it already cut.
- Put some oil in a pan with high sides.
- Scaldae and add the chopped celery, carrot and cipolla and the garlic clove.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- add Tripe and bay leaf and cook for about half an hour by wetting with a little broth.
- Blend with the Red wine.
- Add the tomato sauce and cover with plenty of broth (NB: As an alternative you can use lukewarm water).
- Bake for at least 2 hours wetting, if necessary, with additional broth.
- The tripe is cooked over low heat and when it is ready, pointing with a fork, is tender.
- Serivre the Tripe alla parmigiana hot sprinkle with plenty parmesan grated.