Squares of beef with tomatoes. It is soft and thin slices cut into square pieces and regular. This is to avoid bringing to the table the same old slice. Cook them on the fly on a bed of ripe tomatoes flavored with garlic and parsley. I used the Vesuvian tomatoes because I love them, but are also fine as long as other types of tomato ripe and firm.
|Easy||4 people||30 min. ||40 min.||€ 8|
|What is needed|
|steak||8 thin slices|
|Vesuvian tomatoes||kg. 1|
|sage, thyme, rosemary||qb|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Wash the tomatoes and cut each Vesuvius in two parts.
- Drill a couple of cuts booby pulp and place them upside down (ie with the cut part that rests on the bottom) in the pan that will be used for cooking. In this way the liquid will release part of vegetation which will help in cooking.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash a few sage leaves, a few sprigs rosemary and thyme.
- Put the herbs in a bowl. Heat oil in a pan and transfer the herbs to flavor it.
- Cut the slices into squares of regular size and transfer them into the bowl to marinate in oil flavored.
- Wash and chop the parsley with the garlic.
- Shoot the pan where lie the tomatoes, turn them and season with salt, pepper and plenty of oil. Make sure that the oil enters also into incisions made on the tomatoes.
- Add tomato half on each side of the chopped parsley and garlic.
- Transfer the pan on the fire and start cooking on medium heat and cover pan. Move gently to avoid damaging, tomatoes, occasionally with a wooden spoon and add a little water if ill gravy is too dry.
- Halfway through cooking, add the basil leaves.
- Cook the tomatoes. It will take from the 30 40 minutes. The tomatoes must soften without flaking too.
- When tomatoes are cooked, drain the squares of meat from the marinade and lay them on the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Replace the cover and turn off the heat.
- Leave the lid on and spend for fire-3 4 minutes so that the heat of the tomatoes in the pan and bake the squares of beef.
- Serve with good crusty bread to dip in the sauce that has formed.