I propose my ossobuco recipe with peas, a delicious dish, perfect for those who love meat and the preparation of which is long, but easy. It 'a dish typical winter or very suitable in the spring when we have fresh peas. In traditional Lombarda recipe is served with rice.
|What is needed|
|Veal ossobuco||4 slices (1 kg)|
|White wine||1 / 2 glass|
|tomato pulp||gr. 300|
|salt, pepper, butter, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean and wash celery and carrot. Chop finely.
- Peel and wash the onion and chop this as well.
- Wash the sliced braised veal under running water. NOTE: This step is recommended because, sometimes, the meat presents residue linked to at bone cutting machine.
- Dabbing dry the meat with paper towels.
- Practicing some cut with scissors on the fat surrounding the slices to prevent the meat from curling during cooking.
- Add salt and pepper slices and flour them well (with the palm of the hand to push on each slice to adhere the flour).
- In a large pan, which can comfortably hold the slices, heat the oil and a knob of butter.
- Add the sliced braised veal and allow it to brown on both sides.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- When the wine has evaporated, add the chopped celery and carrot and after a minute or so the chopped onion (We put the mixture in two parts because the onion browns faster).
- Sauté the chopped vegetables.
- Add the tomato pulp and leave cuocoere for at least an hour bathing with hot water, as they will dry. If we have the broth add the broth instead of hot water.
- When l 'braised veal is almost cooked, we add the peas. We climb, pepiamo and let cook for another 15 minutes or until the peas They are not cooked. The cooking time of peas, In fact, it varies according to the fact that utlizziamo peas fresh or frozen.
We serve the osso buco with peas and serve with boiled rice.