The pork liver is a common ingredient in popular Italian cuisine, was born as poor and recovery plate. The best known are the recipes pork livers and livers Tuscan Roman. There are two things in common: the pork liver and network or mesh (anatomically is the peritoneum), change the type of cooking (in the oven or in a pan / pan) and spices used. My recipe for pork liver in the network is a simple and fast that you can cook it in a pan or grilled.
|What is needed|
|Pig liver||gr. 750|
|Network of pork||gr. 300 / 350|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||qb|
- cut the pork liver into slices about one centimeter thick (avoid if you buy pork liver already sliced, but you're guaranteed to have uniform slices) .
- Dip the Pork Network acidulated warm water with a few drops of vinegar or lemon juice. This serves to soften and avoid breakage.
- Wash and dry a lot of how many bay leaves are the slices pork liver.
- Spread the network on a cutting board.
- Resting a liver slice on the net and cut the netting leaving enough to avvogere the slice.
- Lay the bay leaf on slice pork liver.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Close bag by wrapping the net around the slice pork liver. If you do not get a perfect closure can support it with a toothpick or increase the size of the network.
- Repeat for the other slices.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet.
- Put the slices in the pan and cook over high heat.
- Le liver slices pork will be cooked when the liver color becomes darker and decided and the thicker parts of the mesh start brunirsi.
- You can also prepare the skewers cutting into pieces of pork liver and intervallarli with the bay leaves.
- In the Tuscan classic version on the skewer it is made from fennel sprigs, in other cases by laurel.
- Some recipes include marinated with herbs, especially fennel, sage, rosemary.
- Others use butter instead of oil.
- They can be cooked in a pan, but also in the pan in the oven or grill.
- In Tuscany, in Valdarno, using grind the liver together with other meat and cook it and store it in lard.