Venetian liver: a great classic, a traditional recipe that is cooked in Italy! 2 enough ingredients (as long as good quality) and you get a superb dish. And if we prepare it in the cold season and we accompany him with polenta, we undoubtedly look great !!
|What is needed|
|calf liver||gr. 500|
|white onions||n. 4|
|White wine||1 / 2 glass|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Soak liver for half an hour.
- wash it thoroughly several times under running water.
- depriving liver the skins (to prevent it from curling) and cut it into strips.
- Wash it again under running water and put it to drain for you to lose the remaining water.
- Peel the onions, wash them and slice them thinly.
- Put a little olive oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Turn on the heat and when the butter is melted, add the sliced onions.
- Cook them over a low drone for about 20-25 minutes. At the end of cooking salt and pepper.
- Transfer the onions in a bowl with the help of a skimmer.
- resume liver. Dry, dry with absorbent kitchen paper and flour it. NB: Flour is not mandatory, only serves to keep the liver softer and bind the sauce.
- Put on the heat the pan where the onions adding, if necessary, even a little 'oil have been cooked.
- Add the liver floured and jump over high heat for 5-6 minutes. NB: The cooking should be fast to prevent the liver hardens.
- At the end, add salt and pepper. NB: Salt is put at the end, because it dehydrates the liver and it makes it more tough and stringy.
- Put the onions in the pan and mix well.
- Pour the white wine and let evaporate.
Cook a few more minutes, stirring. Turn off the heat and serve Venetian liver.
Tips and tricks
1 - It 'good to immediately consume the Venetian liver. If we wanted to propose a result, heating it, we risk much harden the liver.
2 - If a few tablespoons can be added during the rapid liver cooking preparation is too dry, the broth.
3 - The classic accompaniment for this traditional dish is served with polenta, also cooked before, left to harden and cut into slices bake or grill.