Cabbage dumplings: a second that is a unique dish. The cabbage leaves, folded like a roll, enclosing a heart made from very tasty meat, cheese, eggs and pine nuts. A flat statement that allows you to serve this vegetable, so rich in property, in a way that completely transforms the aroma and taste. Cooked in this way the cabbage becomes much appreciated!
|Easy||4 people||30 min. ||30 min.||€ 6-7|
|What is needed|
|savoy cabbage||10 leaves|
|minced meat||gr. 250|
|bread crumbs||2 -3 spoons|
|pine nuts||gr. 50|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, wine||qb|
- Clean and wash the carrot. Cut it into small cubes.
- Clean and wash the shallot. Chop.
- Peel and break sausage.
- In a pan put a little olive oil and brown the sausage, ground beef, carrot and shallots for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little white wine. salt and pepper.
- transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a large pan and chop coarsely.
- Chop half of the cheese.
- Add the toasted pine nuts to the mixture of ground beef, sausage, carrot and scallion and mix.
- Add one egg, bread crumbs and shredded cheese. Stir to mix well.
- Heat up a saucepan with plenty of water for cooking cabbage.
- Wash well a dozen leaves, taking care not to break them.
- When the water boils, add salt and lightly dip the cabbage leaves.
- The cabbage will boil for ten minutes. NOTE: Be careful not to break the leaves. Therefore, DO NOT turn or stir the leaves.
- Once blanched, drain the leaves one by one and lay them on a cutting board or on a cloth to dry.
- Take a couple of the leaves boiled, cut into strips and add to the meat filling, cheese, eggs and pine nuts.
- Fill the cabbage leaves one by one in this way: spread the leaf on the work surface, eliminate any part of the coast that is too hard and put in the middle part of the mixture and on a piece of provolone (use the part that does not we shredded). Close the leaf by folding the edges (in the direction of the length) inwards, then the other two (in the direction of the width) forming a small package, a bundle. Stop with a little kitchen twine to keep everything in place.
- Pour some oil in a pan, arrange the dumplings side by side; add a cup of hot broth (or water with a little nut) and cook for about 15 minutes,
- Drain and serve hot.