The Tagliolina Cake is an Emiliano sweet. Originally prepared for Easter and Christmas according to a saying: "Easter par and par Nadel to vol el tajadell", but in some countries is the traditional cake for San Biagio day. The cake recipe is simple and the process is quite elaborate since joining the noodles, the pastry and a mixture of almonds, for a final result very calorie but with all the flavor and delicacy of grandmother's recipes.
|What is needed|
|To make the dough:|
|To make the pastry:|
|cake flour||gr. 350|
|vanilla yeast||1 / 2 sachet|
|To make the coating:|
|Liquor Bitter Almond||1 cup|
|Alkermes liquor||1 cup|
- Prepare the dough with eggs and flour, pull it with a rolling pin or Grandma Duck and let stand until completely dry (30 / 40 minutes).
- Roll it up and cut it into strips to produce the taglioline purposes (such as those from fish or broth) that should be left to dry again.
- Prepare the pastry with flour, sugar, butter and vanilla baking powder.
- Knead the ingredients very quickly, forming a ball and let rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Wash the lemon, dry and grate the zest (yellow part only).
- Put the almonds in a food processor with the sugar and chop the almonds finely.
- Combine the ground almonds, sugar and lemon zest and mix well until obtaining a soft compound.
- Turn on the oven, in a static mode, in 150 °.
- Take back the dough shortbread and spread on a baking tray / rectangular mold.
- Take half of taglioline and lay them on top of the pastry.
- Covering the layer of taglioline with half of the composed of stretching almonds evenly with a spatula.
- Make a second layer with the taglioline remaining.
- Cover with the last half of the mixture of almonds and leveling.
- Garnish evenly cover with 200 grams of butter curls or small pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven and bake for about 1 now until you have a nice browning of taglioline.
- If browning occurs too early, remove the pan and cover with aluminum foil and bake for the allotted time.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool inside to 5 minutes.
- A cold cake brush at will with Alkermes and bitter almond liqueur (a coffee cup each).
- Consume at least after 24 hours, the cake is also excellent for more than a week.