The tile in the cafe, or even Caffè Dolce is a dessert that I know as a child, is a traditional recipe made with many variations. This is the classic version of the recipe of the tile to the coffee with the only variant of the powdered vanilla sugar which gives more flavor and finesse to the cream that we alternate the type Oro Saiwa biscuits.
|What is needed|
|Oro Saiwa biscuits||gr. 250|
|Icing sugar vanilla||gr. 170|
|Caffè||n. 2 cups|
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and leave at least an hour at room temperature.
- Break the eggs, separating the yolks from the whites (of these I will use only 2).
- Place in a large bowl and add the butter, mixing vigorously, the powdered sugar and three egg yolks.
- Whisk the two egg whites.
- Combine the whipped the egg whites butter cream and mix with an electric mixer until a homogeneous and thick cream.
- Pour two cups of coffee in a shallow dish.
Composition of the tile at the Cafe
- Soak the biscuits Oro Saiwa in coffee and arrange them in the service tray bottom.
- Cover the wet biscuits in the cafe with a layer of cream slightly thicker cookies.
- Repeat the layer of soaked in coffee cookies and the layer of cream.
- Finished to have the fourth layer of biscuits Oro Saiwa, Cover with the remaining cream both the top and the sides of the tile in the coffee.
- Then sprinkle with the chopped chocolate or, alternatively, with toasted and chopped almonds and a pinch of ground coffee.
Portioning and serve the slices of tile in the coffee on saucers with a gasket of coffee powder.