Milk Portuguese, one of the most classic desserts. Very few ingredients for a pudding very delicate taste. The version that we offer is enriched with almonds and therefore has a stronger flavor. The real difficulty of this recipe is the preparation of caramel. We therefore recommend to try to make the caramel and proceed with the sweet only when you are sure you can get the caramel to the composition of the cake.
|Media||6-8 people||30 min. ||30 min. + 120 min.||€ 6|
|What is needed|
|whole milk||the. 1|
|XNUMX/XNUMX cup sugar||gr. 250|
|almond flavoring||1 vial|
|whole peeled almonds||gr. 100|
- Put in a thick-bottomed saucepan, milk.
- Add 160 grams of sugar and stir.
- Put the mixture of milk and sugar on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the almonds coarsely.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the contents into a bowl and let cool. It will take about twenty minutes.
- Beat the eggs and incorporate them into the mixture of milk and sugar.
- Add a vial of almond flavor.
- Turn the oven in static mode to 160 °.
- In a saucepan, caramelize the remaining sugar.
- To prepare the caramel, use a rather large and tall saucepan.
- Put to heat on the stove; once hot add part of the sugar by the spoonful.
- Allow to dissolve the sugar for a few minutes and NEVER mix. When the sugar begins to melt, take the pot to the two handles and shake it to make sure that the sugar is still solid "widen" well on the bottom and melting.
- Add the remaining sugar coat love, always and without stirring a spoon, but continuing to stir the pot.
- The caramel is ready, when all the sugar has dissolved and the liquid has taken on an amber color.
- Transfer the pan inside a container with cold water so as to block the heat and prevent the burnt caramel,
- Use a portion of the caramel to coat the inside of a mold (or molds to coat the individual, if we use single-portion containers).
- Add the minced almonds to the remaining caramel and bring the pan back onto the fire to prevent it from solidifying too much. NB: this operation only serves to heat the caramel, it must not further cook. In this way the crunchy almond is formed.
- Pour the mixture of eggs, milk and sugar into the mold (or in individual ramekins) and add to the last spoonfuls of crunchy almonds.
- Place the mold in a bain marie in the oven and cook for 90 120-minutes. Necessary to adjust the oven so that the water does not sobbollisca ever, to avoid the formation of bubbles inside the sweet. Make cooking using a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool while continuing to hold the mold in a water bath and, once cool, place in refrigerator for at least one night.
- When ready to serve, turn the cake on a serving plate. To facilitate this, we spend a spatula along the edge of the cake so that it detaches from the walls and overturn it by tapping on the bottom of the mold.