Mascarpone is an exceptional ingredient! It is used for sweets, but also to make savory preparations. So pack a can not miss ever in our fridge. Today we combine it with some great chestnuts of the season and another classic desserts: macaroons. The result? This Sweet Chestnuts with Mascarpone and Amaretto. It is quite simple to prepare and the result is AMAZING. Try it!
|Media||4 people||40 min. ||40 min.||€ 7 -8 |
|What is needed|
|mascarpone cheese||gr. 250|
|amaretto liqueur||2 tablespoons|
|finger biscuits||gr. 100|
|biscuits amaretti||gr. 50|
|pavesini biscuits||2 packages|
|dark chocolate||gr. 30|
- Wash chestnuts and engrave them with a sharp knife in a circular manner. NB: This cut will help to peel.
- Boil some water in a saucepan and dip the chestnuts, letting it boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and peel while still hot, even removing the inner skin.
- At this point, put the chestnuts on the fire covered by the milk and continue cooking for about 30 35-minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and reduce them to a sciumarola puree (we can do this by using a sieve or simply pestandole with a fork). NOTE: Do not discard the milk boiled where they will use to soak the biscuits.
- Sriciolare macaroons, keep aside 3-4 for decoration.
- Chop the dark chocolate.
- Prepare at this point mascarpone cream.
- Break the dividing egg yolks from the whites.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is very hard.
- Apart from joining the egg yolks with the sugar and mount them up to make them puffy and fluffy.
- Gently add the mascarpone and continue to turn the mixture to incorporate air and make him well swollen.
- Divide at this point the mixture of eggs, sugar and mascarpone cheese into two equal parts.
- Add a half, the chestnut puree, the chopped dark chocolate and amaretto liqueur. Mix everything together and add half of the egg whites, stirring from the bottom up so as not to remove the cream. This is the first cream for dessert.
- Resuming the second half of the egg mixture, add the sugar and mascarpone and amaretti. Stir to mix well. Also add the remaining egg whites, stirring gently so as not to disassemble. This will get a second cream for our dessert.
- Heat a little of the milk residue from cooking the chestnuts and add the Nutella. Stir to mix do.
- Composing at this point the cake using a pan rettamgolare, or square, rather large in order to obtain two layers of biscuits and two layers of cream.
- Cover the bottom with a layer of ladyfingers cookies. Brush with the mixture of milk and chocolate spread so as to moisten them a bit.
- Cover with mascarpone cream, chestnut and chocolate.
- Make a second layer of biscuits Pavesini. Brush also these with the mixture of milk and chocolate spread.
- Cover with a layer of mascarpone cream and macaroons.
- Garnish the surface of the cake with amaretto sbiciolati, pavesini and chocolate.
- Let it sit in the freezer for an hour, then transfer it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.