The chestnut cake is a cake made with chestnut flour and is a traditional recipe of the Apennines of Tuscany and Emilia Romagna. In my house it has always been a sweet made only in autumn. My mother always expected that the bakery was available the "new flour". She bought the flour and then cook this cake while a delicious smell of rosemary wafted in the kitchen. Born as "poor" dish indeed widespread in the Apennines where chestnuts were on average available and a staple of the peasant population. It was originally made with water, then replaced with milk.
|What is needed|
|Chestnut flour||gr. 500|
|granulated sugar||2 tablespoons|
|milk||2 / 3 glasses|
|pine nuts||gr. 40|
|extra virgin olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|salt, oil, breadcrumbs||qb|
- Soak the raisins in warm water to revive her.
- In a bowl sift flour chestnut. It 'good to do this operation because the chestnut flour tends to cake.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Stir in the milk slowly, stirring until you get a batter rather fluid.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 / 3 of pine nuts and raisins and mix.
- Brush with some oil a baking dish of 24-26 cm in diameter (the cake will have to come down abbastamza). Spread the oil with the help of a brush.
- Sprinkle the dish with breadcrumbs pulling down the excess.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Being rather liquid, the dough will spread evenly.
- Decorated with pine nuts and a few needles of rosemary. Drizzle with a little oil.
- Turn the oven in static mode to 170 °.
- Inform the cake and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Il castagnaccio It is ready when the surface will be formed a light crust and some cracks.