Omelette with sausage and potatoes: good, tasty, unusual. Yes, because in general it does not occur to put potatoes in an omelet, but I assure you that they are very good. It's a bit like a broken tortilla. Inside the omelet we also find the sausage that "pulls up" the taste very much. The addition of rosemary gives a very pleasant aromatic note. It can also be an idea for recovery cooking, when we may have cooked excess potatoes and want to reuse them. I recommend you try it!
|Easy||2 people||5 min. ||40 min. 10 + min.||€ 4 |
|What is needed|
|milk||2 / 3 tablespoons|
|potatoes||n. 2 / 3|
|pecorino cheese||1 slice|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 30|
|salt, pepper, oil||qb|
- Wash the potatoes in their skins.
- In a saucepan put the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook until done. It will take about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, cool them. Peel and chop them with a potato masher. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop the rosemary.
- Cut the pecorino into small pieces.
- Remove the skin to the sausage, become coarse with the tines of a fork.
- Grate the parmesan.
- In a bowl, break eggs add salt, pepper, a sprinkling of nutmeg and a little milk. NB: the addition of milk makes it more creamy the mixture in baking. You can achieve the same effect with a little water.
- Put the sausage in a skillet with a little olive oil and brown it.
- When he reached a beautiful golden color and all the fat has melted add the rosemary. Mix.
- Add the potato puree and cook for a few minutes on the fire, mixing the ingredients.
- Extinguish the fire. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the chopped cheese. Mix well.
- Grease the bottom of a pan with a little oil and heat over high heat. We must use a pan of sufficient size to allow the eggs to evenly cover the bottom.
- When the oil is hot, add the eggs and reduce heat. It 'important that the cooking takes place on low heat as the mixture should be firm but never shot (unlike the omelette).
- As it solidifies, remove the edges with a fork prongs, bringing the mixture to the center (making the omelette a little wrinkled) and moving the pan so that the part of eggs still liquid goes to fill the empty spaces.
- Put the mixture of sausage potatoes and pecorino cheese on one half of omelette. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- With the help of a spatula, cover half stuffed with half of omelette not stuffed.
- Turn off the heat and serve.