Cauliflower flan: a different way to enjoy this winter vegetables sometimes poorly appreciated. This way of presenting it, makes it suitable as an appetizer and / or snacks for a buffet. Just cook it in molds mono-portion. In addition, like all "disguised" vegetable, you can please even the youngest!
|What is needed|
|boiled cauliflower||gr. 500|
|leek||n. 1 / 2|
|grated Parmesan cheese||gr. 70|
|nutmeg||n. 1 / 2|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean and wash the leek. Cut it into rounds.
- Strip and break sausage with a fork ..
- Put the sausage to fry in a pan.
- When browned, place it in a bowl, using a slotted spoon.
- Put a little oil in the pan where it was browned sausage and let simmer the leeks for a few minutes.
- Add the florets cauliflower boiled (NB: When Boil the cauliflower, it is good not to overcook, but leave a little crunchy).
- Salt and pepper and mix well so as to flavor the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower in the bowl with the sausage and let cool.
- Light the 170 ° oven.
- Break the three eggs.
- Stir in the egg yolks to bechamel and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Resume bowl with cauliflower and sausage and mash the cauliflower tops with a fork. NB: If you want you can also mix all together until creamy. Personally I prefer to chop with a fork because I like to get a more granular compound.
- Add the grated Parmesan and the grated nutmeg and mix well.
- Combine this mixture with that of sauce and eggs and mix.
- Also incorporate the egg whites, stirring gently from bottom to each other not to dismantle them.
- Coat a loaf pan with parchment paper wet and squeezed.
- Fill it with the mixture, level and bake.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- serve warm
Tips and tricks
1. An alternative to using parchment paper, you can prepare the buttering mold and covering it with breadcrumbs.
2. You can use the portion molds to bake in a water bath in the oven at 170 45 ° minutes.