Vegetable roll, a side dish which is actually a unique dish because it is rich in vegetables, but also of ham and cheese. Also delicious as a snack. We have chosen different colored vegetables to meet a reed chromatic taste for the eyes as well as the palate. Every one will be able to customize it with the vegetables you prefer.
|Easy||4-6 people||30 min. ||20 min.||€ 6|
|What is needed|
|puff pastry rectangle||n. 1|
|baked ham||gr. 100|
|green beans||gr. 100|
|courgette flowers||n. 4|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Tick and wash the beans and boil in salted water.
- Once cooked, drain them, let them cool and cut into pieces.
- Clean and wash the spinach. Let them dry in a pan using only water retained by the vegetables after washing. Season with salt.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into small cubes
- Peel the carrots, wash them and cut them into small cubes.
- Put some oil in a large pan and fry a couple of minutes the potatoes along with carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 / 2 glass of water and cook for about 15 minutes with the lid on and heat. NOTE: The vegetables should soften without burning or drying out. If necessary, add more water.
- Add the green beans and chopped spinach and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Extinguish the fire.
- Transfer the vegetables in a bowl on a sheet of absorbent kitchen paper to remove any grease, water, moisture residue. Allow to cool.
- Remove stem and pistils from the flowers of pumpkin. Open them and wash them.
- Light the 180 ° oven.
- Unroll the pastry on cutting board.
- Cover the pastry with a layer of ham slices overlapping slightly and leaving a margin of 1 / 2 cm. one part.
- Form a layer with the vegetables. Cover with zucchini flowers open.
- Sprinkle with a generous handful of grated parmesan cheese.
- Roll the puff pastry in the sense of the length and form a roll.
- Seal the opening and the edges and transfer the roll on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Make sure that the opening remains in the lower part (ie it must rest on the parchment paper) to avoid inflating the roll can open.
- Prick with a fork and brush the top with a little milk (or alternatively with a little beaten egg).
- Bake and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into slices to serve.
Tips and tricks
If we roll into summer, sprinkle with a dozen basil leaves chopped. Bring to our roll a fragrance unlike any other.