The Roast Potatoes are the classic accompaniment to the roast side dish. Always remember lunch at home mom Sunday where, after a good lasagna, stands a tray with a mixture of tasty roast meat with potatoes alongside. The potato is the vegetable that appeals to everyone from children to the elderly. For this we have to know how to cook. The oven is easy, though, to have a good balance, we have to learn how to cook it well: crispy but soft inside, greasy at the right point and well seasoned with herbs.
|What is needed|
|yellow potatoes||kg. 1|
|garlic||2- 3 cloves|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Peel the potatoes and wash under running water.
- Cut into longitudinal slices of 1 / 2 cm thick.
- Allow them to soak in water for a few minutes.
- Wash sage, thyme and rosemary and finely chop them with the crescent.
- Peel a few cloves of garlic and cut each into two pieces.
- Light the 180 ° oven.
- Drain the potatoes and season with salt, pepper and oil abbonante.
- Wet and wring out a sheet of parchment paper and place it on a baking tray.
- Place over the potatoes in a single layer. NB: without overlapping, all the potatoes cook evenly. If you must use 2 dripping pans.
- Add a few cloves of garlic, a glass of water and bake.
- After ten minutes remove the drip pan and turn each potato using a caliper. Add hot water if they are too dry. The addition of water serves to maintain the interior of the soft potatoes and to prevent burning or drying out.
- After another minute 10 turn them back over the potatoes and sprinkle half the chopped herbs.
- Continue to cook this way: turning the slices of potato and also sprinkle the other side with the chopped herbs. Continue flushing with water if necessary.
- During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking does not soak more potatoes to make in order to form a crispy crust. Obviously the cooking time is a function of the furnace used. Sure it does not dry out too much.
- Serve hot.