Pumpkin flowers stuffed And Fried. Today imbottiamo them with mortadella, cheese and capers. The delicacy of the flowers as opposed to a filling with a strong taste. A great contrast to an important side dish that can become a main course.
|Easy||4 people||15 min. ||10 min.||€ 5|
|What is needed|
|courgette flowers||n. 12 - 16|
|pecorino cheese||gr. 50|
|salted capers||1 tsp|
|salt, pepper, oil,||qb|
- Clean the pumpkin flowers by removing the stem, green outer leaves and the central pistil. Be careful to keep the flower indoors.
- Wash them and let them dry.
- Rinse the capers to remove the salt.
- Chop mortadella, cheese and capers with the crescent. NB: As an alternative we can also mix all together and get a mousse.
- Fill each flower with a little of the compound of mortadella (we can use a teaspoon), taking care not to ruin them and closing them by joining the tips of the petals.
- In a bowl, break the egg, add salt and pepper and beat with a fork. Add a little milk and water.
- Stir in the flour and stir until the mixture is quite liquid.
- Put plenty of oil in a large frying pan and heat it well.
- When the oil is high in temperature, change the flowers in the batter, drain the excess and fry for elimarne.
- Serve warm flowers and crispy.