The fried zucchini flowers are a classic Italian cuisine. Often, before being fried, are filled in various ways, according to the tradition of the various regioni.La recipe that we propose here provides that the flowers are simply passed in batter, without filling. To add this batter is also perfect for frying other vegetables, such as tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant.
|What is needed|
|courgette flowers||n. 12 - 16|
|White wine||1 / 2 glass|
|salt, pepper, oil||qb|
- To prepare the batter must be put in a bowl the flour, salt, pepper, a sprinkling of nutmeg, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and an egg yolk.
- Dilute everything by putting water and wine in equal proportions until the mixture is quite liquid.
- Let stand for half an hour and, at the time of use, add the beaten egg white
- Clean courgette flowers eliminating the stem, green outer leaves and the pistil centrale.Fare attention to keep the flower indoors.
- Wash them and let them dry
- Put plenty of oil in a large frying pan and heat it well.
- When the oil is high in temperature, pass courgette flowers in the batter, drain the excess and fry for elimarne.
Serve piping hot fried zucchini flowers and crispy.
I courgette flowers They must be firm and fresh.
I courgette flowers that are used are not those that are commonly found attached to zucchini. Courgettes have two types of flowers: female ones on short stalks that become zucchini and male ones with stems much more subtle and long that they never grow zucchini. The latter are usually collected to be used in the kitchen.