savory strudel with peppers and sausage. A tasty appetizer, ideal for those who love strong flavors. The addition of cottage cheese "softens" a preparation that would otherwise be designed for strong palates. A tasty and easy recipe!
|What is needed|
|puff pastry rectangle||n. 1|
|Red pepper||n. 1|
|ricotta cheese||gr. 100|
|Parmesan cheese||gr. 50|
- Clean and wash the pepper.
- Cut into thin layers.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and lay the pepper strata. Cover with water and let dry 10 minutes. NB: do not salt the preparation to avoid that, once added the sausage (which is very tasty), not too salty.
- In a second pan put to brown the sausage after having stripped and grainy with a fork.
- The sausage must free all the fat, color, but do not dry out. With a few minutes of cooking.
- Transfer the sausage in a bowl over a sheet of absorbent paper to enable it to eliminate the anointed still present in excess.
- Once cool, working the sausage with the ricotta. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Light the 180 ° oven.
- Unroll the pastry on cutting board and with a wheel (or a knife) to divide it into two rectangles.
- Lay, of each rectangle, a layer of the compound of sausage and cheese.
- Cover with layers of peppers arranged lengthwise leaving a margin of 1 / 2 cm. one part.
- Roll the pastry lengthways as if it were a strudel. 2 forming rolls.
- Seal the opening and edges and transfer the two rolls on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Make sure that the opening remains in the lower part (ie should rest on parchment paper) to prevent swelling strudel can open.
- Punzecchire with a fochetta and brush the surface with a little milk (or alternatively with a bit of beaten egg).
- Bake and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve the savory strudel with pepreoni and sausage cut into slices.
Tips and tricks
If we use a round pastry roll, we can cut out the rectangles without any borders. Parings thus obtained can be formed of square cm. X 2 2 with which form of sweets. In this regard, we suggest you consult the recipe for tortellini sweet Nutella.