The stew of clams, also called Clams Marinara, is the hot entree that is ubiquitous in a fish dinner. To prepare it is enough to have some good clams. Virtually nothing else. The taste of fish, with a very simple and natural cooking, is enhanced. If we decide not to add wine, also like the children. Therefore, I dedicate this recipe to my grandson, remembering when he said: I like the "gongole" ...
|What is needed|
|Lupin clams||kg. 1|
|White wine||1 glass|
|Tuscan bread||12 slices|
|pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Wash well, several times, the clams under running water.
- Put them in a large bowl covered with plenty of cold water with the addition of a handful of salt. The salt helps clams to expel any sand contained within.
- Allow them to soak for 3-4 hours.
- Chop some of the parsley with the garlic clove.
- Prepare a second just minced parsley.
- He spent at least 3 hours dall'ammollo, wash again, many times, le clams under running water.
- Grease a large pan with oil and place on the fire.
- Add the chopped garlic and parsley.
- Just begins to brown add the clams, Slightly lower the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
- The clams will begin slowly to open.
- Sprinkle with white wine, add a little water (to have a stew of clams more consistent in which soften the bread) and the lemon juice.
- Cover and let cook for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When cooked, add a pinch of pepper and the chopped parsley only.
- Toast the bread and serve by bringing to the table the stew of clams direct the pan with the slices of bread lying alongside Clams Marinara.