La Focaccia stuffed potato or tasted simple, is an appetizer that I associate with Telethon. For years, friends of Cesena eat during the day of the marathon. It 'a nice lady to prepare it for everyone and every year I plan to try it myself. So this year, just had the recipe, I cooked. It 'was a success! It 'easy and is perfect for a snack or for a rustic dinner. This is the basic recipe, but it can be enriched with cubes of mortadella, crackling, sausage, olives, .... just use your imagination and try!
|Easy||6-8 people||30 min. + 90 min. rest ||80 min.||€ 3-4|
|What is needed|
|white potatoes||gr. 300|
|brewer's yeast||gr. 50|
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water, without peel, to remove excess ground.
- Put the potatoes in their skins in a saucepan covered with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Bake for 40 minutes (or the time needed depending on the size of the potatoes).
- Drain and just warmed, peel.
- Mash and collect the puree on the pastry. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the yeast in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Add to mashed potatoes, flour and salt and mix.
- Also add the dissolved yeast and begin to knead, adding a little at a time, the other warm water until you get a smooth, homogeneous and very soft.
- Spread it out in a rectangular shape, the size of the drip pan or cake pan that will be used will have to be about 1 cm high. NOTE: If necessary, make two buns.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Irrorarla with plenty of olive oil and transferring our focaccia. If necessary, repeat the process with the second cake
- Cover with a towel and let rise in warm place for about 90 minutes.
- Light the fire at 170 °.
- Check that the cake has risen. NB: should be doubled in height and very soft to the touch.
- Coat the surface with oil and bake for 40 minutes. NB: As usual cooking is a function of your oven. You may need to bring the oven to 180 ° or leave the cake inside for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold; alone or accompanied by cold cuts and cheeses.