Monday, April 07 2014 00: 00 Written by Roberta Bevoni
The outline with cannellini beans and cherry tomatoes: a great combination. Often, at the last minute, we decided to bring to the table the beans: good and high in fiber. The fact of being able to buy already cooked, canned, making them a good side dish for all occasions, economic and fast. In fact, at times, it needs very little to turn it into a full dish to taste. In this case the addition of cherry tomatoes datterini sweet and a good shallot, transform this outline, from the simple opening of a can of beans, in a plate entirely different. And the preparation time is still very little!
|What is needed|
|canned beans (cannellini or white cake)||gr. 400|
|datterini tomatoes||gr. 200|
|salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil||qb|
- Clean and wash the shallot. Slice it.
- wash datterini tomatoes and cut, one by one, in half (in this wither way better and release a good sauce).
- Drain the cannellini beans of the box and quickly rinse under running water (in this way we clean them of preserving liquid).
- Clean and wash the rosemary. Chop finely.
- Put to heat some oil in a pan.
- add the shallot and cook it.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce heat.
- To soften the datterini tomatoes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- After a few minutes the tomatoes to release some of their water vegetation that will begin to form a delicious rosé sauce.
- Add at this point also the cannellini beans and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Amalgamate tomatoes and beans together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped rosemary.
- Bring to the table hot Garnish with cannellini beans and cherry tomatoes.
Friday, November 15 2013 15: 08 Written by Roberta Bevoni
The tortelli to the plate: an ingenious and inexpensive single dish, popular even today in the Savio valley and throughout the Tuscan-Romagna Apennine range, based on ingredients always available in the garden or in the campagne.Il compensation or filling varies depending on the season: can be achieved with potatoes, pumpkins, wild herbs, spinach ...... They are very suitable as an appetizer for a rustic dinner, but it can really be a full meal (depends on how much we eat !!) . They are also good cold. Today we prepare them with a pumpkin and potatoes compensation.
|What is needed|
|salt and pepper||qb|
- Wash the potatoes without peeling them.
- Put them in a covered pot with plenty of water. Add a couple of bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and boil. It will take 40 -60 minutes depending on the size.
- Drain them and remove the peel.
- Pass them to the still hot potato masher and let cool.
- Cut the pumpkin pieces. Depriving it of the peel and seeds and wash.
- Place in a saucepan with a few bay leaves and a sprig of rosemary.
- Boil for about ten minutes. NB: must remain compact and not fall apart.
- Drain the pumpkin on a white towel.
- Place the cloth with pumpkin on a large bowl.
- Once the pumpkin has warmed break it with a fork in order to reduce it to a puree.
- Gather 4 flaps of cloth containing the pumpkin and squeeze it to bring down the water liberated from the pumpkin into the bowl below. In this way we recover the water of pumpkin that is great to prepare a dough compact and elastic.
- At this point we prepare the dough for puff of Tortelli to the plate.
- On the pastry put the flour, salt and make the fountain and put in the middle of the water gourd.
- Knead until dough is smooth, homogeneous and very elastic.
- Putting to rest the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Meanwhile we compose the filling (or "compensation").
- Bring together in a bowl the pumpkin, mashed potatoes, grated parmesan cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a pan put lard with garlic.
- Melt the lard well and brown the garlic. When the garlic has browned, add a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Extinguish the fire. Discard garlic and rosemary and add the melted lard (flavored with garlic and rosemary) to the mixture of pumpkin, potatoes, parmesan.
- Stir to mix the ingredients well. Taste and adjust if necessary with salt and pepper.
- Take the dough for tortelli to the plate and spread it with a rolling pin to obtain a thin leaf.
- Fold the dough into two parts, mark the dividing point, but do not disconnect the two sides.
- On one half roll compensation in a uniform thick layer
- Fold back the second half of dough over the filling so as to match the edges.
- Pass the rolling pin on puff bent so as to eliminate air bubbles that have formed inside and to make the thickness uniform.
- Seal the edge of the dough with your fingertips and cut it with the toothed wheel.
- Divide the surface area in square cm. X 10 10, delimiting the grooves in the sheet with the edge of a plate rotated on the same sheet.
- Cut along the grooves with the toothed wheel to split tortelli to the plate.
- Put to heat up the text for cooking piadina. ( or use a cast iron plate), located on the fire of the gas stove or the heater plate.
- cook each tortello to the plate for 3-4 minutes. The surface will look crisp and with small bruciacchiature.
Serve hot tortelli to the plate to savor the fragrance.
Bed 16265 times
Posted in Starters